So we have already been here a month crazy to think we are halfway done with this journey!! We have seen some beautiful places here in Chiang Rai... The white temple was breath taking, the waterfalls, and the black house had some unique beauty to it. All in all it is a gorgeous place and I am blessed to be seeing it!! I have met some amazing people and am frequently in awe at how humble and happy the people of Thailand are!! Liz and I work hard during the week and on the weekend spoil ourselves to 3 dollar foot massages and ice cream that we can find in town...
I was lucky enough to have my birthday here... It was truly a birthday I won't forget. I woke up to my good friends here singing happy birthday and wearing the party hats my sister packed. When I walked out for breakfast my leader here at mirror foundation had a birthday cake for me as well as a card from all the volunteers!! One of my favorite surprises was the package of notes my family sent... I am truly a blessed girl!! The night ended with a trip into town for a grilled cheese sandwich dinner and a performance by some "lady boys" dressed up in scandalous outfits lip singing to female pop artists haha. Like I said a memorable day :)







Looks like you are having a great time Alex! I love the White Temple,
ReplyDeleteand the children are so adorable! Thanks for the updates, I look forward to your posts.