Well I had my final week teaching English at the mirror foundation!! Bittersweet for sure... I feel ready to be coming home, but at the same time I have met some of thee most amazing people. I have been blessed to work with some of the mirror staff over the last five weeks and have really gotten to know them really well. This week I learned the greatest lesson of all from this whole summer... And that is to strive to have a pure, giving heart in all that I do. Some of the staff members have traveled half way across the world and made Chiang Rai Thailand their new-permanent home. All out of the motif that they wanted to give and keep giving... And their impact and great influence leaves me speechless. I felt impacted and influenced by the culture just in 7 weeks, I can only imagine what one year, five years, a decade can do to change several lives.
We were able to go to some of our favorite places for our last week. We enjoyed the temple, hospital, and a few of the primary schools. It was a great week to end on... And now we are off to the islands can not wait!!!
“To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one’s self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived—this is to have succeeded.” ― Bessie Anderson









No comments:
Post a Comment