Friday, June 1, 2012

So it begins...

Alright, here it goes my first attempt at a blog... A lot of my close friends and family have been interested in what I will be up to this summer; so Liz and I would like to document it on this blog and give you all a glimpse of what we are doing, where we are living, and if we are SURVIVING!  
     Two years ago I spent my summer in Tanzania, Africa.  It was such an amazing experience! I kept telling my best friend Liz that she needed to do something like that with me!  Well, the time has come and I have convinced her to hop on the bandwagon of my obsessive adventure disorder!  We will be spending a little over 2 months in Chiang Rai, Thailand. Living in a straw hut, having no toilets, and only using bucket showers!  No worries... we may not have toilets, but we have wifi!!! So I should be able to keep y'all posted on this "beautiful blog" (However, I think I would prefer toilets over wifi if I'm being honest)


I've been asked a lot what program I am going with.  A program called

IVHQ

They have been wonderful to work with so far, and I'm excited to volunteer with them.  I think I can speak for both Liz and myself that we are feeling a lot of mixed emotions, excitement and anxiety mainly!  Let's just hope and pray that we dont get eaten by a tiger or die of Malaria... haha just kidding (except there is definitely slight chances of it, thank goodness for travel insurance eh?!)

We are so grateful for everyone that has made this trip happen!  We have amazing parents who have supported us and great family friends!  I know I am especially grateful for all our close friends and family!  

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” — Mark Twain

4 comments:

  1. I am your first follower!!! Hopefully not your only

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited you are blogging now!! Wahooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to read all about your adventures! Travel safe and post often!!!

    ReplyDelete