Monday, June 4, 2012

So the Mirror Foundation

Well I arrived! Talk about a Journey to get here! Sleeping in airports over night and understanding no Thai. All in all it's an adventure! We are definitely living in the straight up jugle.. Bugs the size of dogs and geckos that sound like monkeys! Rice every meal, squatters, humidity that allows you to be wet all the time. Yesterday was fun though! We celebrated Budhas birthday, we went to two different temples where the Thai people are chanting something (no idea what) and the monks are leading them in a walk around the temple while carrying flowers and burnt incense. Afterwards we lit off the huge floating lanterns which looked awesome! All in all it has been sort of rough, but I think I'll learn to love it! The people smile and laugh nonstop and are super friendly! Here are a few pics I'll write more when I can!!


Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
 Life is beauty admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
 Life is a challenge, meet it.
 Life is a duty, complete it.
 Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
 Life is a sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
 Life is a struggle, accept it.
 Life is a tragedy, confront it.
 Life is an ADVENTURE, dare it.
 Life is luck, make it.
 Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
 Life is life, fight for it!
Mother Theresa

2 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful Alex! I can't wait to see more pictures and hear all about Thailand. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. those floating lanterns look sweet!! miss you!

    ReplyDelete