Friday, June 22, 2012

Staying Among the Villagers!!!

So our home stay experience was quite the event!! We drove two hours through the straight up jungle... When we arrived at the school we were so excited to teach.... Well who would have ever guessed that it was three holidays in a row the three days that we were supposed to teach... So we got in a lot of reading time while gazing at the beautiful view from our patio.

Then we were lucky enough to get to stay with a family in the village!! Let's just say we weren't as lucky as the other girls with our homestay in the village. Liz and I got a family that acted like they didn't really want us, speak no English, and thought everything That came out of my mouth was hilarious... I was trying to communicate through hand signals and eventually became
The laughing stock of the village... There was a little three-year old girl who was adorable and kept sitting on our laps... She had her fists clenched and we wondered what was in it.. Come to find out it was dead moths! She came up with the game to throw dead moths and beetles on us through out the night. Let us not forget stoner grandma! She was in the back corner smoking and making her own homemade cigarettes. Haha, and the village gathered in the room Liz and I were supposed to sleep in to watch Thai soap operas for three hours. All in all it will be an experience I forever cherish and remember!

After our week in the village we were given the opportunity to go on an Elephant ride!! Seriously one of my favorite memories I've ever had. I even got to sit on the head and steer it. We trekked through the river and through local villages.

All in all we are having some amazing moments!! The good and the bad moments are what makes it so memorable, and I feel so blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Ok...this is so cool...I love it so much! I want to live in a village somewhere! You're so adventurous! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahhah I can just imagine the grandma, sounds like an interesting experience!!

    ReplyDelete