Saturday, July 7, 2012

Thailand peeps :)

So I have officially been here 5 weeks!! So crazy to think about... The longer I'm here the more I fall in love with the incredible people. I have never been happier and felt so blessed to be here. I catch myself at moments sitting there in silence with a huge smile on my face... Feeling nothing but blessed and grateful for this experience! Don't get me wrong I'm still human haha, there are times mainly the moments I realize I have to go to the bathroom (which means squatter time) that I find myself asking "what are you doing to yourself?!" All in all though I feel blessed to be here...
We are lucky enough to be teaching at a variety of places... A few primary schools, a few temples, some child care villages, an orphanage, and volunteering at the hospital. They each offer such phenomenal experiences and many memories are made every time I am in the presence of the people I teach. I enjoy the presence of the students at the primary schools and their eager attitudes to learn English. The monks are such happy people with kindest hearts I have ever met. The village children are adorable and always happy to see "white people." the place that melts my heart the most is when we attend the hospital. We go there once a week to make crafts with some of the children there. All of them are terminally ill with cancer or other various diseases. Although heart wrenching I feel blessed to spend time with these special children!!

3 comments:

  1. I am lOVING reading about all these fantastic experiences Alex! You seem to be having such a great adventure. I am sure at times it can be rough, but good for you for being so positive and embracing it all. Oh and I love that your keeping this blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are going well. It also sounds like your legs will be really buff by the time you leave. :)
    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for the update! Those little ones who are sick just break my heart. I can't wait to sit and ask you tons of questions. Be safe and keep posting! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete