Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The End of an Amazing Journey...

Well I am in shock my summer in Thailand is over... Very bittersweet. These past ten days have been spent traveling all over Thailand. First, we spent a few days in Chiang Mai. Then we took a ten hour bus ride to Bangkok. While we were there we saw the huge city by taking a river-boat tour, it was awesome!! Our final stop was down south to the beautiful island off of Phuket, ko phi phi!! I have never seen such a tropic, picturesque phenomenon... The huge cascading limestone cliffs, the vivacious turquoise water (Chrystal clear), white sandy beaches, and our very own secluded private beach. While we were there we sat on the beach, snorkeled, and soaked up the tropic sun waves. I honestly felt like I was in what could only be described as the ultimate paradise. The fish we saw while snorkeling were the bright neon rainbow fish, it reminded me of one of my favorite childhood books :)
All in all it was the most ideally-perfect way to end this journey! I have has the time of my life in the "land of smiles" which couldn't be a more fitting name for Thailand... Can't wait to return home to family and friends, but will forever be impacted by this once in a life time adventure!!!

"life's a journey, not a destination."


"Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived."

No comments:

Post a Comment